Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's About Time!!


It's been a WIP since it was started in February, and now eight months later, it is finally a finish!  Whew.  What a weight lifted off.  Figuratively and literally.  I think it's an even bigger beast than the Jacks.  It took most of the afternoon to get it bound.  And that was doing it by machine.  It would take me forever to finish it by hand.



No one here to hold it up for me so had to bust out the ladder, get some hangers and hang it on some tree branches. After the dog was safely secured in the garage. ;)




  • Swoon by Thimble Blossoms
  • Friends and Flowers fabric line by Mary Engelbreit
  • 80x80 in. (Mine is slightly bigger b/c I goofed and cut the sashing a little wider than it said to.)
  • Backing and binding are Welcome to Bear Country red polka dots.
  • Quilted by Top Stitchers in Sonoma, CA.




I'm so relieved to have it done.  Now it just needs a label.  And it will be ready to be wrapped up for Christmas.


Glad to be linking this one up as a Friday Finish!  Have a great weekend!

xoxo

*finish it up fridaymanic monday @ sewhappygeek, tgiff,  sew & tell fridaycan i get a whoop whoop, laffcraftionary, crafty soiree, ladybird lane, oneshetwosheproject queen, do something crafty, strut your stuff, sunday showcasethe dedicated house, anything blue friday*
October Finishes

p.s. Pink Chalk Gift Certificate giveaway here.

60 comments...:

Anthea said...

Woo Hoo Kelli!! Just gorgeous! Well done, it's amazing... I love the way you did the pics. I'd call it a Fabulous Fantastic Friday Finish!

YAY! Well done. It's so pretty. :)

sunny said...

You did a beautiful job, Kelli. Love the dotty backing. What's up next?

quiltmania said...

I'm swooning over your quilt!

giddy99 said...

It's so gorgeous! Well done!

Raewyn said...

Well done!! It's gorgeous!!

CeLynn said...

Fabulous finish! Some one is going to be super happy with "Santa" this year ;)

Jody said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the red polka dot backing, too!

Barb said...

Oh....I just love your quilt!

How good you must feel to finish such a beautiful quilt. 8mnths you say? I wish I could do one in that short time. The one I'm trying to finish at the moment, I started (drum roll please) 30yrs ago,yes 30yrs ago.:0)
Now you know you are a fast quilter.
I am visiting from Craftionary. :)

It's gorgeous Kelli!! Congratulations on a big finish. Literally :P

Nancy said...

Oh, Kelli, it's positively gorgeous! Exquisite! The colors are just perfect. I'm trying to guess its size... and can't. I love that your photos show how it's made. I guessed it much, much more difficult than squares and triangles. Truly, it's just beyond beautiful! Thanks for sharing it and congratulations on finishing it.

What a magnificent quilt, Kelli! They really named that block well, didn't they? What a lucky person who will be getting that for Christmas.:)

Just beautiful! Well done on a fabulous finish! Love the backing and binding fabrics too - perfect touch!

That's stunning - brilliant! I love the dotty backing too. Congratulations on a job well done.

Absolutely gorgeous Kelli. Well done. Love to find that under My Christmas tree.

Studio V said...

What a beautiful quilt!

moira said...

it's so lovely. The backing is an inspired choice too

You out did yourself, the person who is getting it for Christmas is very very lucky.

Lisa Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, Kelli! That is beautiful!

mtnquiltr said...

Great finish, it looks wonderful!
You're inspiring me to finish mine, February, really??

It looks gorgeous. Great finish!

Brandie said...

Woo Hoo! What a beauty!
BUT wait, you're giving it away!

Maria said...

Love it Kelli.
The recipient of the quilt is very lucky indeed.

So very pretty! Love the surprise (to me anyway) of the red polka backing...

Oh, fabulous job on this! I really need to get mine done.

It's fantastic, Kelli! Love the fabric choices and colours. Congrats! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Carla said...

Gorgeous finish! That will be one awesome gift!

Michele said...

Wow!! I love it! Congratulations on a lovely finish :-)

It's brilliant Kelli! I love everything - the pattern, the fabric and the quilting! Congrats on getting it finished :)

Elena said...

Wooooooow! Congratulations! It's so nice!
Un beso,
Elena

Megan said...

I love the Swoon quilt pattern and your quilt is gorgeous! Congrats on your big win!

Wow, go you! Looks lovely and what a relief to finish it!

Leonie said...

Yay well done! it's gorgeous!

Beautiful! Perfect binding (and backing)fabric! You did real good Kelli.

Your Swoon is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations, what a fantastic finish!

Debbie M said...

Oh how wonderful--I love it!!

Oh my, that's fabulous! Whoop whoop!!

Love it, love the colors,love the pattern! I need to make me one!

Jenelle said...

Yay! Congrats on this beautiful finish! It always takes me much longer than I think it will to finally quilt and bind my tops. I still have things from 2011 that need to be finished! :)

Angela said...

I love your quilt -- it turned out so beautiful, and has the feel in a quilt that I like. And I admire your creativity in photographing it:) Great job!

Great finish! This is a wonderful quilt :)

Ginette said...

What a fantastic quilt! A great finish!

Denice said...

I really want to make a swoon quilt. This makes me want to even more. Love your colors.

Melinda said...

Love it! Makes me inspired to finish my Carpenter Wheel which is very similar!

Mariel said...

It's sooooo pretty! I love the colors and pattern. Makes me wish I knew how to do that.

I would love to have you stop by ‘Or so she says…’ today and share some of your great ideas with my readers! The ‘Your Great Idea’ link party runs every Sat through Tuesday. Hope to see you there! http://www.oneshetwoshe.com

* Also, we’ve got a great giveaway going on with over $500 in prizes!

beautiful quilt. I bet you are really glad you finished it now. It was sure worth it by the looks of things, Great job
Janice

Pat V. said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my face...

Casandra said...

This quilt is gorgeous!! Love your color choice and amount of quilting is just right. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Debbie said...

oh your Swoon turned out awesome!

Swoonin' over that Swoon! Great job!

Karen H said...

Oh goodness, this is fantastic! Beautiful! I have had my eye on this pattern - is it difficult? Your's is perfect!

Woot, congrats, it looks fab!

hueisei said...

Very beautiful! Well done :)

Kelli,
I know how proud you must be to be finished with such a beautiful quilt! I love it!!! Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Buy Me a Coffee

Shop My Store

Shop My Store
Patterns & Quilty Gifts

Easy-to-Piece, Beginner and Confident Beginner Friendly Quilt Patterns

SHOP ACCUQUILT!

SHOP ACCUQUILT!
Team GO Getter!

Click or Scan

gift guide

Can't find what you're looking for?

Follow on BloglovinFollow on Bloglovin Follow me on Feedly
Powered by Blogger.

Fabric for One Giant Stitch

Fun Block Ideas

Have a Question?

Latest Instagrams

Come Sew Along!

Harry Potter Sew Along Fabric Kit

Background

Come Sew Along!

Pokemon Sew Along Fabric Kit

Come Sew Along!

Minecraft Sew Along Fabric Kit

My Latest Pins

Fun Fabric Shops


 photo wintercloth_zps928f3480.jpg

............................